Curious about interesting Capricorn facts? Here are some astrology traits about the Earth zodiac sign of Capricorn.
This sign represents time and responsibility. Capricorns are known for being hardworking and smart individuals with full control of their fate. In other words, they always get what they set their mind to, be it to do with their personal life or career.
For this reason, some people see Capricorns are hard-headed, but most of this energy simply comes from knowing what they want and going for it. Also, Capricorns thrive on order and hierarchy.
They have a systematic way of doing things and love strict rules. But this ‘picky’ side of them allows them to create solid and realistic plans.
What Is A Capricorn? Astrology Facts and FAQ About This Earth Sign
Are you curious for more information about this earth sign? This article will feed your curiosity, so don’t go just. We’re yet to discuss more interesting details about this sign.
Capricorn is the zodiac sign for people born between December 22 to January 19.
Below are some facts about Capricorn:
- Capricorn symbolizes the Goat, which is a hardy animal and an introvert.
- This earth sign is ruled by Saturn, signifying restraint and restriction.
- Capricorn is the 10th sign of the zodiac and is thus associated with the tenth house.
- It belongs to the element Earth, alongside Taurus and Virgo, signs that are grounded and realistic when it comes to going after their dreams.
- Pansy (carefulness and consideration) and lotus (patience and faithfulness) are the flowers associated with Capricorn.
- Capricorn’s metal is lead to represent endurance, stability, and durability.
- Its official gemstones are onyx, alluding to self-control and focus, and amber for wisdom and clarity.
- Capricorns are steadfast and dependable–two traits that represent the color brown.
What is the personality of a Capricorn?
As one of the most self-disciplined and goal-oriented signs in the zodiac, it doesn’t take a genius to know how some of the best scientists, leaders, and politicians are Capricorns themselves. Given their unwavering drive, they’re bound to succeed in their chosen field. Many Capricorns are the ultimate work bees, working long hard hours to accomplish their goals.
And the good thing is that despite being ambitious individuals, they’re also grounded and practical. As such, they understand that some things cannot be won in a day, but instead, will take time, dedication, and commitment. And mind you, they’d gladly take the challenge.
However, because of Capricorns’ penchant for control and ambition, they tend to hold other people to extremely high standards. Often, they can become over-analytical and too serious in life that they come off as distant and emotionless.
Capricorns also have a very dry sense of humor, which can surprise many. While these people aren’t the type to be loud and obnoxious, they’re usually the strong silent types, often planning and working behind the scenes. Because of this, most of them go about their work and life without needing to announce their many achievements.
What are Capricorn’s Strengths?
Diligent and focused are two words that aptly described a Capricorn. They never give up once they’ve decided to do something. They display impressive tenacity in their tasks and won’t stop until they get the results they want.
For those who have a loved one who’s a Capricorn, they can attest to a Capricorn’s patience. They can maintain their cool even when under pressure. And while they’re exceptionally driven, Capricorns handle tasks (and problems) with a calm, analytical attitude.
As someone hardworking and ambitious, you can rely on a Capricorn to be mature, disciplined, and responsible for whatever he/she does. On top of that, their innate ability to analyze things calmly makes them very reliable in dire situations.
What are Capricorn’s Weaknesses?
Capricorns are remarkably serious, so much so that others see them as stoic and rigid to the point of not being fun. It doesn’t also help that they tend to keep their feelings well-hidden, making them difficult to read.
They also have a reputation for being pessimists. Sometimes they’re grounded and practical persona makes them focus too much on the negativities. When they fail to see the good things, they can fall into depression. They’re easy to feel dejected, as well, especially when things aren’t perfect.
Capricorns are extremely diligent and ambitious but rarely do they realize that not everyone is like them. As a result, they become stubborn and stick with their no-nonsense way of thinking. Over time, this makes it harder for them to change their perspectives.
Who should a Capricorn marry?
- Capricorn and Scorpio are one of the zodiac’s power couples. They’re an interesting duo, who both believe that trust has to be earned, meaning, they are very cautious when going into a relationship. They’re both private and reserved individuals who will surely get along well.
- The second sign that’s also a great match for Capricorn is Taurus, a fellow earth sign. Achievements and financial stability are important for both of them and they’ll find that they share the same goals and dreams. A Taurus can help Capricorn enjoy the pleasures of life while Capricorn can keep Taurus’ lazy tendencies in check.
- Another excellent union would be that of a Capricorn and Virgo. Both are earth signs, to begin with, and place a high value on success and order. They’d rather be close with a few people than have many superficial acquaintances.
Who should a Capricorn avoid?
A Capricorn and Leo couple won’t last long, as Leo will ultimately be too social and extravagant to a conservative, strict Capricorn. Leos are known for being affectionate and love praises, whereas Capricorn has more of a standoffish and practical personality. Basically, they’re like day and night.
Aries is also a bad match for Capricorn as the former is impatient, impulsive, and adventurous, while the latter is the exact opposite. Moreover, Aries are normally spendthrift, something that won’t sit well with Capricorn who’s very focused and goal-oriented. Both of them also want to be in control, so they will often butt heads.
In the end, their relationship will be a constant power struggle. Then there’s Gemini, a sign that enjoys things as they come and lives a life of ease and convenience. Meanwhile, a Capricorn loves discipline and order. Eventually, a Gemini’s wild and reckless lifestyle (at least by a Capricorn’s standards) will wear out Capricorn.